Online Form Preparation

Many of your forms can be completed online using one of the free services listed below. You answer simple questions and your documents will be created automatically. The service will also provide you with instructions to tell you what to do with your forms and how the court process works.

Once you have completed your forms, you can print them out and bring them to the courthouse for filing or you can e-file your forms from home. For more information, please see the section below on E-Filing.

Restraining Orders

    • Request for Domestic Violence Restraining Order

    • Respond to Domestic Violence Restraining Order

    • Request for Civil Harassment Restraining Order

    • Response to Civil Harassment Restraining Order

    • Request for Elder Abuse Restraining Order

    • Response to Elder Abuse Restraining Order

Family Law

    • Begin a Divorce/Legal Separation

    • Begin a Nullity (Annulment)

    • Amend a Petition for Divorce/Legal Separation/Annulment:

    • Respond to Divorce/Legal Separation/Annulment

    • Finish a Divorce/Legal Separation by Default

    • Begin or Respond to a Parentage Case

    • Petition for Custody and Support (If you are unsure whether you are eligible to file this form, please contact Self-Help.)

    • Proof of Service of Summons

    • Answer to Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) Complaint

    • Request for Order (To be used for existing cases and to request orders or changes to orders for child custody and visitation      and/or child support.)

    • Income and Expense Declaration


    • Name Change

    • Small Claims

    • Eviction/Unlawful Detainer - Landlord

    • Eviction/Unlawful Detainer - Tenant


    • Guardianship

    • Limited Conservatorship


    • Notice of Change of Address or Other Contact Information

E-Filing Instructions

The Merced Superior Court offers electronic filing of your documents. You can begin your case and file your documents from the comfort of your home. In order to begin the process, you will need to first select an authorized e-filing provider. You can find a complete list here.

Once you select a provider, you will create an account and follow their instructions on how to upload your documents. You will upload your documents through the provider’s site and complete the requested information. The provider will then submit your documents to the Court for filing.

Please note the provider may charge a fee for their service and you will be responsible for any Court filing fees or other fees associated with your filing. If you file your documents with a Fee Waiver, or have a previously granted Fee Waiver in your case, then you will not be charged a fee to file your documents.

If there are any issues with your filing or it is rejected for any reason, the provider will notify you. Once your documents are filed, the provider will notify you and provide you with copies of your filed documents.

© 2021 Superior Court of California, County of Merced